The Magistrates’ Court with dock in the foreground

The Magistrates' Court with dock in the foreground

The Magistrates’ Court with dock in the foreground

The law court was first used in July 1895, several months before the Town Hall itself was officially opened by H.H. Asquith.
Sessions were held in this court from just before the opening of the Town Hall in 1895 until March 1999 when the court was transferred to Leeds. The dock is in the foreground of the photo and it was connected to a system of cells underneath. The magistrates sat in the seats by the wood panelling. Court days in Morley were on Mondays and/or Tuesdays until the court closed in March 1999.
The photographer was Pickard of Leeds.

Related Images: