Skip to content
Very recently we have published a new booklet about public houses in Victorian Morley.
This contains a full transcription of a lecture given in 1898 by William Smith, the local historian, about such places.
In addition, we have added 6 pages of text and photographs about various public houses such as The Brunswick, The Nelson and The Angel which were open at that time.
The Lumley map in Smith’s ‘Rambles about Morley’ has been rejigged and it shows the position of many of these public houses.
Finally, we have added a full list of licensees in the town in 1897-98 and the Friendly Societies which met in such places during the 1890s.
Further details can be found at
Where it can be bought for £5 + post/packaging.
Copies are available from members of MCA and details of this can be found by using our ‘Contact’ page.