Churches_Churwell

 

 

Churches and Chapels in Churwell

   
 All Saints
Back Green
 St. Brigit’s
Zion (Daffil Chapel)
 Mount Zion
 
   
   
All Saints
Location Elland Road, Churwell
Denomination Anglican
Known History Church consecrated on All Saints Day, 1901. Closed 1 May 2015
Notes  
Use of Site For sale
 Go to Top  
Back Green
Location Back Green, Churwell
Denomination Wesleyan Methodist
Known History First Chapel: 1792. Larger building erected in ca 1813. New Sunday School: 1907 which became the Church in the 1960s. Last service in September-2015 when the congregation  moved to Stanhope Hall.
Notes Monies from Sale to go to Leeds General Infirmary
Use of Site For Sale
 Go to Top  
St. Brigit’s
Location Elland Road,  Churwell
Denomination Roman Catholic
Known History  Built 1929. Final mass: August 2010.
Notes  Church set up from St Anthony’s in Beeston to cater for a developing neighbourhood and those locals who could not travel.
Use of Site Pre-School Nursery
 Go to Top  
Zion (Daffil Chapel)
Location Crossland Road / Elland Road
Denomination Congregational (Calvanist’s)
Known History It began in 1804 as an offshoot of the Morley Old Chapel. The group moved to its present premises in Morley (on Merlyn Rees Way) in 1851.
Notes  
Use of Site  The burial ground of the old chapel still exists and it is sign-posted.
 Go to Top  
Mount Zion
Location Elland Road,  Churwell
Denomination United Methodist Free Church or Primitive Methodists
Known History Closed
Notes  
Use of Site Turned into commercial premises. Now available to let.
Go to Top